Chemical Analysis for the Construction Industry
It is not always possible to determine the properties of a material or deduce why a material has behaved in a particular way by physical methods. The chemical analysis of construction materials allows a fundamental understanding of the make up and behaviour of construction materials to be developed.
UK Analytical offers a substantial portfolio of chemical analysis for construction materials.
- Portland Cement BS EN 196, BS 4550
- Cement Content of Hardened Cementitious Products
- Cement: Lime: Sand (mortars)
- Original Water Content of Hardened Cementitious Products
- Sulphate Resisting Portland Cement BS 4027
- Pulverised Fuel Ash BS 3892 Parts 1 and 2, BS EN 196
- Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag BS 6699
- Blended Cements – PFA by In-house Method, also BS 1881
- Sand and Aggregates
- High Alumina Cement
- Concrete Chemical Tests BS 1881 Including,
- Detection of PFA
- Detection of GGBFS
- Presence of Alkali-aggregate Reactivity
- High Alumina Cement Concrete
- Degree of Conversion
- Evidence of Chemical Attack
- Investigation of Carbonation, Chloride, Sulphate and Other Forms of Attack on Cementitious Materials
Further testing, analysis & consultancy services for the building & construction sector are provided by UK Analytical's parent company, CERAM.
Please click here to find out more.